Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator is testing connectivity from the branch router to the newly installed application server. Which reason is the most likely for the first ping having a success rate of only 60 percent?
- A. The branch router LAN interface should be upgraded to FastEthernet.
- B. The branch router had to resolve the application server MAC address.
- C. The network is likely to be congested, with the result that packets are being intermittently dropped.
- D. There is a short delay while NAT translates the server IP address.
- E. A routing table lookup delayed forwarding on the first two ping packets.
The first time out is due for the time it took for the router to issue an ARP and get the MAC address associated with the 192.168.2.167 IP address. Once this ARP was resolved, the other pings were successful.