A network device needs to be installed in the place of the icon labeled Network Device to accommodate a leased line attachment to the Internet. Which network device and interface configuration meets the minimum requirements for this installation?
- A. a router with two Ethernet interfaces
- B. a switch with two Ethernet interfaces
- C. a router with one Ethernet and one serial interface
- D. a switch with one Ethernet and one serial interface
- E. a router with one Ethernet and one modem interface
Only a router can terminate a leased line attachment access circuit, and only a router can connect two different IP networks. Here, we will need a router with two interfaces, one serial connection for the line attachment and one Ethernet interface to connect to the switch on the LAN.