- She can use the Offline View app on her smartphone to download an offline version of all unread emails so she can read her emails while travelling
- She can use the YouTube app on her smartphone to listen to music and use that time to relax between on-site meetings
- She can use the Gmail mobile app on her smartphone to access her school email account to read, send, and reply emails
- She can turn on the Agenda app on her PC before she travels, which will sort her tasks and meetings while she’s travelling and arrange them in priority order when she’s back at her PC
Ms. Pietersen Is The Deputy Principal In A School Split Across Two Sites. She Travels Regularly Between The Two Sites By Bus, But Is Annoyed With The Amount Of Time She Wastes Traveling. She Would Like To Make Better Use Of Her Commute Time. What Can She Do?
Mrs Powell Is Looking At Ways To Reduce The Amount Of Printing Undertaken In Class. How Can Google Drive Help?
- Google Drive can automatically reformat documents before printing to save on paper
- Google Drive makes files easily accessible from anywhere, so there is less need to print and carry documents into class
- Google Drive can be configured so the printing of files in class is password protected
- All class print requests can be rerouted in Google Drive to the school office
- Files in Google Drive can be shared with a simple link in an email. No need to print a copy for someone in class
Mr. Elba Is Editing A Presentation In Google Slides And Wants To Improve The Appearance Of The Slides. What Visual Elements Can He Incorporate Into His Presentation To Make It More Visually Appealing?
- Embed relevant YouTube videos to break up the text and presentation
- Insert fonts and color combinations intentionally to attract attention to key elements of the lesson
- Use as much text as possible to provide a more thorough understanding of the content
- Change the background color of the slides so they are not all white
- So students maximize opportunities to earn money online
- So students understand what they should and shouldn’t do online, and to act in a safe and respectful manner
- So students can connect with the most relevant people through social media
- So students understand how to get the most views and interaction to make their online content go viral
Mr Blakeney’s Students Are Starting To Think About Their Future Careers And Which Digital Classroom Skills They Need To Develop. Use Drag And Drop To Separate Digital Classroom Skills From Traditional Ones.
Classroom Types Skill Traditional classroom skill Looking up an answer in a textbook Pinning printed projects in wall displays around the school Working in groups in-person during set hours to collaborate on a joint project Filing paper-based documents in a physical storage area for safe-keeping Digital classroom skill Remote collaboration and teamwork with multiple people for the best results Storing documents in the cloud for easy retrieval and editing Finding the best online resource, information and method to solve a problem Communicating to a wide audience by publishing work online
Students in your biology class sometimes struggle to understand biological processes, like digestion. What digital activities can help get students more involved in exploring a process?
- Teacher gives students relevant textbook chapters to research the subject
- Teacher provides useful videos in a YouTube playlist
- Students create a diagram in Google Drawing to explain the biological process
- Students print their findings and paste it in their workbook
- Students use Google Search to research the subject
- Students create a group presentation in Slides to present their findings to the rest of the class for discussion
- Teacher shares work completed by students the previous year that is shared on a Google Site
You Need To Speak With Local Schools To Discuss A Sports Tournament You Are Hosting At Short Notice. Your Intention Is To Gain Feedback On A Planned Program Of Events And Share Images Of Available Facilities. Match The Feature Of Google Meet With Its Benefit By Moving The Rows Up And Down.
Hangouts Feature Benefit Video Calling Meeting can be extended visually with up to 15 remote participants Chat Participants can communicate by text without disrupting the meeting and their conversations are saved Screenshare Any participant can share their desktop with the group Android and iOS app People can join the meeting even when mobile Calendar integration Hangout details are simply added when creating a meeting
Mr. Kapoor Struggles To Find Inspiration From His Peers. What Is One Benefit Of Establishing A Personal Learning Network (PLN)?
- By subscribing to a Personal Learning Network, he would get paid access to educational material and advanced digital teaching tools.
- By forming a Private Learning Network, he would get access to an exclusive website that allows for cloud-based resource sharing and messaging between local educators.
- By joining a Professional Learners’ Network, he would get access to teacher training courses, and join regular seminars conducted by teacher training specialists
- By establishing a Personal Learning Network, he would develop links with other local and non-local educators to share ideas and best practices, and to call upon for teaching advice.
Mr. Yarmouth Needs To Contact A Student’s Parents To Congratulate The Student On Improved Progress. However, Their First Language Is German And They Are Not Fully Fluent In English. What Is The Quickest Action He Could Do To Produce An Effective Email On His Own?
- Use Google Search to find someone local offering German translation services to help with the email
- Post the message text on Google+ to see if someone can help translate it to German
- Search the Chrome Web Store for the Google Translate extension for Chrome. Use the extension to provide a German version of the text within the email
- Use Gmail to send a message around the school to search for a student who can help translate the email to German
Ms. Villagarcia Has Been Tasked By The Principal To Improve Communication And Discussion Between Teachers And Support Staff. What Is The Most Appropriate Tool To Fulfill The Need?
- She can use Google Sheets to take minutes during faculty meetings and share them with participants and missing faculty members.
- She can use Google Sites to build a website containing all of the school’s policy documentation and set up a contacts page so staff members can send their comments directly to her to distribute to relevant people.
- She can use Google Groups to easily create an online discussion forum and invite all relevant people to start conversations and participate in different discussion topics in one accessible place.
- She can use Google Drive to create a shared folder containing school admin and policy documents, useful templates and other shared resources.