Cisco 200-125 Exam
A network interface port has collision detection and carrier sensing enabled on a shared twisted pair network. From this statement, what is known about the network interface port?
- A. This is a 10 Mb/s switch port.
- B. This is a 100 Mb/s switch port.
- C. This is an Ethernet port operating at half duplex.
- D. This is an Ethernet port operating at full duplex.
- E. This is a port on a network interface card in a PC.
Answer: Option C. Explanation
Modern Ethernet networks built with switches and full-duplex connections no longer utilize CSMA/CD. CSMA/CD is only used in obsolete shared media Ethernet
(which uses repeater or hub).